Tuesday, June 19, 2012

WDW Trip Reminiscing: October 2008



Trip Name: Vacation 2008

Where We Stayed: Animal Kingdom Lodge


What Made It Different:  This was just a regular old vacation for us.  We did celebrate my husband's birthday while we were there and I hired a local company to create an elaborate scavenger hunt for him which took place in the Magic Kingdom. I highly recommend www.giftsofalifetime.com if you are looking for a special interactive event like that.

Magical Moment: I left for this trip feeling so so sick.  Rick was just getting over a cold and I had gotten it shortly after he did.  I know that doesn't sound very magical.  It's not.  By Day Five of our trip I was finally feeling better and we visited Disneyquest in Downtown Disney.  Wowee!  Was that amazing or what?!  I loved that we could play games together as a team and virtual Pirates of the Caribbean was great fun.  It was both the first day I was feeling well and an opportunity to really connect together as a couple and have some fun.

Side Note: While I was extremely hesitant to stay at a new resort on this visit, Animal Kingdom Lodge delivered such an authentic, relaxing experience, that I no longer want to stay anywhere else, regardless of whether I can only use bus service to the parks!

No comments:

Post a Comment