Monday, June 18, 2012

WDW Trip Reminiscing: June 2007



Trip Name: Honeymoon 2007

Where We Stayed: Concierge Floor (swanky!) at the Yacht Club


What Made It Different: This was our first trip to WDW as husband and wife, but only my second trip to WDW.  My husband grew up traveling to Disney with his family, almost yearly, but I grew up in Los Angeles.  Disneyland was "Mickey's House" to me.


Magical Moment: Walking into our room that first day was incredible.  There was a sign on the wall welcoming us with our picture on it and we had turn down service every night.  We could see fireworks from the balcony.  What I remember most was that first night.  I was so hungry, so jet lagged, and so tired that instead of walking to the America Pavilion for food my husband said, "Let's just go back to our room and get room service."  Oh boy!  Room Service!  I have never gotten room service in my life.  He was this different, amazing, free-spending person on vacation.  Where had my frugal husband gone?  He was left at home.  "Vacation Rick" was born!



No comments:

Post a Comment