Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fabulous finds: kids Christmas crafting

Headed out with my two girls to pick out a Christmas present for my nephew. We ended up at Walmart as it was the nearest big box retailer to the craft store. I know that you think I'm going to tell you about all the great crafts I found at Joann's.  I'm not.  Instead, we found some cool stuff at the Walmart which is just perfect for my kids.  


First up, plastic ornaments.  It has been hard for me to find plastic - not glass - to use with the kids. They love to paint these and our regular painting time will extend to an hour if they have these to paint. I bought two for myself to try a few techniques on also!  These plastic ornaments were only 88 cents a piece, far cheaper than the craft store, and are easy for kids under four to paint with acrylic paint.  I found them on an end cap in crafting.  Don't go looking for them in the Christmas section!

Next, these awesome wood shapes! For less than $2 a piece I got these Christmas theme wood shapes on stands.  The possibilities are endless!  For the kids: paint, stickers, markers, glitter, collage!  For adults, these are screaming out for some mod podge!  I'm excited to use up leftover Christmas scrapbook supplies on three sweet trees.  I know the kids will love painting these wooden shapes too!



No comments:

Post a Comment